image 22.11.2017
EET 04:02:13
CET 03:02:13
   
Click for latest actual time
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Focus focus preview Click on focus to view     image SCC Latvia
    image SCC Lithuania
    image Estonian Swedish Chamber
    image Estonian Swedes
barometer The Estonian
Economic Barometer
    image Key Economic Indicators
    image Foreign Direct Investments
    image Goods Exports and Imports
    image Balance of Payments





picture News November, 22 2017
image: High Tech for the Automotive Markets High Tech for the Automotive Markets - We opened our new 7.616 m2 plant here at the Tänassilma Tehnopark in October 2008, and right now we have around 300 employees working with us, said Per Lindberg, Project Manager at Stoneridge Electronics in Tallinn, as he welcomed a group of SCCE members to a study visit last Thursday.

- On a global level we supply the majority of the leading vehicle and automotive producers with a wide range of high-tech electronic products, ranging from vehicle interfaces through data processing units to driver interfaces.

- Here in Tallinn our production is focused on production of tachographs, power distribution centers and electronic control units, told Toomas Papstel, Stoneridge Electronic's Tallinn Site Manager. Additionally we also have sales and support functions here, a design center as well as a prototype and test lab manned by development and industrialization engineers.

- Right now we are also in the process of setting up production lines for manufacturing wiring harnesses, a project that I'm deeply involved in, added Per Lindberg. We are indeed a global company having factories, design centers, and sales and support functions in North and South America, Asia and Europe. We have a close cooperation between our locations, and here in Tallinn we have a more or less daily cooperation with our design center in Bromma, just west of Stockholm, and our Swedish factory in Örebro.

- Globally, 67% of our production goes to the medium and heavy truck, agricultural and off-highway markets, with the remaining 33% going to the auto and light truck markets. In terms of global sales North America has a 78% share and Europe currently has the remaining 22%. But, Europe is growing and we naturally also have a lot of hopes for the development of the huge Asian market, concluded both Per Lindberg and Toomas Papstel.

On behalf of the SCCE group I would like to thank Per and Toomas for a couple of very interesting afternoon hours at Stoneridge Electronic's impressive plant.

Sincerely,

Kristiina Sikk
SCCE Ombudsman

 



read more:
· Stoneridge visit


< back
royal members
sweden
swedishtrade
abb
maqs
meritonhotels
roedl
seb
ericsson
telia
hemtex
itk
Västerbottensost
ajtooted
Wendre
Pärnu Bay Golf
Saare Golf
Tartu Ülikool
VIA3L spedition
 
Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Estonia  ·  GSM: +372 501 9813  ·  e-mail: info[at]swedishchamber.ee  ·  statistics