image 23.11.2017
EET 18:40:48
CET 17:40:48
   
Click for latest actual time
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Focus focus preview Click on focus to view     image SCC Latvia
    image SCC Lithuania
    image Estonian Swedish Chamber
    image Estonian Swedes
barometer The Estonian
Economic Barometer
    image Key Economic Indicators
    image Foreign Direct Investments
    image Goods Exports and Imports
    image Balance of Payments





picture News November, 23 2017
image: Let’s do it! Let’s do it!

- Saturday, May 5th marks the date for this year’s nation-wide cleaning away action of illegal garbage in the Estonian forests and landscape, said Rainer Nõlvak as he introduced his concept, ‘Teeme ära! / Let’s do it!’, to members of the Swedish, Finnish and German-Baltic Chambers of Commerce at last week’s visit to Tallinn’s newly re-opened TV-Tower.

 

- The first day of this civil action took place in 2008 and since then, ‘Let’s do it!’ has developed to additionally become a contribution to the civil society in Estonia by promoting an active attitude, strengthening local communities and  supporting the development of local leaders. And, I’m happy to note that the concept also has got an international impact as more than 85 countries nowadays have implemented Let’s do it!, continued Rainer.

 

Our evening together at the TV-Tower was sponsored by Södra,

a Swedish economic association having more than 51.000 forest owners in southern Sweden as members. Responsible forestry and environmentally sustainable operations are key issues in Södra’s business areas which include timber raw products, forestry services, wood products, paper pulp, and interior wood products.

 

Last year, Södra’s Swedish members supplied 52% of the association’s wood raw material, while the remaining 48% was provided from equally responsible and environmentally sustainable forestry operations in other countries, among them Estonia. 

 

Tallinn’s TV-Tower was officially opened July 11th, 1980, just eleven days before the 1980 Moscow Summer Olympic Games were opened with Tallinn hosting the Sailing Regattas. Following extensive renovation works, the TV-Tower was recently re-opened for the public.

 

As we admired the view, 170 m above ground, and mingled around with a glass of wine and delicacies from the buffet, it

was easy to forget that the tower’s main task is to distribute TV and radio broadcasts. However, a 3D movie that we were shown before taking off to the sky, gave us all a very funny and clear reminder of this primary task.

 

On behalf of the SCCE Council, I would like to thank Tallinn TV-Tower, Rainer Nõlvak at Teeme ära! / Let's do it!, and Mats Andersson at Södra Eesti for a couple of nice evening hours together. My thanks also go to the Finnish and German-Baltic Chambers of Commerce for yet another good cooperation.

 

Sincerely,

 

Kristiina Sikk

SCCE Ombudsman



read more:
· Let’s do it!


< back
royal members
sweden
swedishtrade
abb
maqs
meritonhotels
roedl
seb
ericsson
telia
hemtex
itk
Västerbottensost
ajtooted
Wendre
Pärnu Bay Golf
Saare Golf
Tartu Ülikool
VIA3L spedition
 
Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Estonia  ·  GSM: +372 501 9813  ·  e-mail: info[at]swedishchamber.ee  ·  statistics