image 25.11.2017
EET 11:27:09
CET 10:27:09
   
Click for latest actual time
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Focus focus preview Click on focus to view     image SCC Latvia
    image SCC Lithuania
    image Estonian Swedish Chamber
    image Estonian Swedes
barometer The Estonian
Economic Barometer
    image Key Economic Indicators
    image Foreign Direct Investments
    image Goods Exports and Imports
    image Balance of Payments





picture News November, 25 2017
image: SCCE visited Nordica and Tallinn Airport SCCE visited Nordica and Tallinn Airport

- Our own aircraft are finally in the air and we have already reached our internal 80% utilization target, said Kait Karu, Head of Sales at Nordica, as he commenced SCCE’s company visit to Estonia’s national carrier and Tallinn Airport on Thursday, 1 December.

- With 80% of our flights operated by our own aircraft and crews, and the remaining 20% operated by our strategic cooperation partner LOT Polish Airlines, Nordica has improved the performance and increased its level of service quality. Our target is to keep and exceed our 99% regularity level and keep our punctuality above 90%.

- As for the future, we aim towards a stable growth, with a mix of scheduled services and procurement flights, together with LOT Polish Airlines. This year we operate 6 aircraft to 15 destinations and have 164 employees. By 2018, we plan for 11+ aircraft, 17+ destinations and 270+ employees, concluded Kait Karu.

 

- We aim to become the world’s coziest airport and are already well on our way. In the annual survey made this autumn by the international airport web guide SleepingInAirports.net, Tallinn Airport was voted as the third best in Europe and ninth best in the world, said Priit Koff, the airport’s Public and Foreign Relations Manager.

- This year, our runway was lengthened to 3.480 meters and more projects are in the pipeline. Right now, the passenger terminal is being extended to accommodate a new pre-flight security control area that is spacious and complies with modern requirements. On the ground floor we will expand both the VIP area and the outgoing baggage handling area.

- Furthermore, a public transport stop for light rail and buses, connected to the passenger terminal by a gallery equipped with escalators, will be built. And, to alleviate the current shortage of parking spaces a parking building will be constructed in front of the passenger terminal, concluded Priit Koff.

 

During the Q&A session, we could enjoy a very nice and tasty Nordica Business Class meal before it was time to conclude our visit with a tour in the passenger terminal. Guided by Tiit Kepp, Chairman of the Management Board at Tallinn Airport, and Valter Veedler, Ramp Handling Manager, we got the opportunity to take a closer look at the airport’s Business Lounge as well as the impressive outgoing baggage handling area.

 

On behalf of the SCCE and all our participating members, I would like to thank Nordica and Tallinn Airport for a very interesting evening together.

Sincerely,

Kristiina Sikk

SCCE Ombudsman

 



read more:
· Nordica_Airport


< back
royal members
sweden
swedishtrade
abb
maqs
meritonhotels
roedl
seb
ericsson
telia
hemtex
itk
Västerbottensost
ajtooted
Wendre
Pärnu Bay Golf
Saare Golf
Tartu Ülikool
VIA3L spedition
 
Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Estonia  ·  GSM: +372 501 9813  ·  e-mail: info[at]swedishchamber.ee  ·  statistics